Here are my knitting/crochet/spinning aims from the beginning of 2016:
- Continue with the aim of one finished object per month
Considering I had almost three months off knitting, I’m fairly pleased with managing to complete 11 projects. 3 of the completed items were started in 2015, the others are all from 2016.
- Knit a usable item from my handspun
Still not quite managed this, but I’m including my mittens from unspun mawata in this category.
- Watch more of the Craftsy classes I have bought (so tempting when they are on sale to buy them all)
I have watched a few more of them, but still could do better. At least I haven’t bought many this year!
- Learn a new skill (perhaps Brioche stitch)
Still not learned Brioche.
I did spend a week learning inkle weaving, so I’m ticking this category
I also learnt to knit backwards
- Spin more
Had a go at spindle-spinning silk tops
I’m pretty bad at keeping records of spinning. I have done some more spinning.
Here’s the gallery of finished items: 6 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of mittens, a shawl, a blanket and a toy.
Note that Ravelry links will only work if you are a Rav member (sign up: it’s free)
- Mittens from Knitworthy 2, project finished on New Year’s Day
- Sweet Coriolis socks. Using yarn from a Knitting Goddess club from years ago – one sock is mostly yellow with some grey, the other is mostly grey with some yellow. I don’t have a picture of the finished pair, but they fit very well.
- A non-matching pair of socks, using two patterns that I only wanted to knit once.
- Tour de Sock 2016 round 1
- Tour de Sock 2016 round 2
- Tour de Sock 2016 round 3: backwards knitting!
- My Ravellenic Games project: A Follow Your Arrow 2 shawl. Really chuffed to get this done within the time limit
- Crochet blanket for my beautiful niece
- Tour de Sock 2016 round 6: finished some time after the deadline
- Squad Mitts – a surprise present for a good friend
- Denise: a toy for de niece, from Edwards Crochet Imaginarium
Aims for 2017:
- Complete 12 or more knitting/crochet projects
- Complete 2 or more spinning projects
- Keep accurate spinning records
- Knit something from handspun
- Brioche stitch
- Watch more Craftsy classes